Agricultural Commission Meeting

Thursday, January 25, 2018, 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm
A meeting of the Agricultural Commission

NOTICE OF MEETING

COMMITTEE: Agricultural Meeting

PLACE: Town Hall Meeting Room 2nd Floor

DATE: January 25, 2018

TIME: 7 p.m.

AGENDA:

  1. Call to Order

CHAIRMAN STATEMENT: If any person present is recording this meeting you must notify the chairperson at this time.

  1. Roll Call

  1. Approval of Minutes

  1. Report on conversation with Agent of the Conversation Commission to discuss possible collaboration

  1. Report on conversation with Town Planner to discuss further revision to the Master Map

  1. Conversation with Eveline MacDougall about new community gardens

  1. New Business

  • Next step in conversations with farmers about land preservation

  1. Next Meeting – February 22, 2018

  1. Adjournment

EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY BE CALLED

Please note that the list of topics was comprehensive at the time of posting, however, the public body may consider and take action on unforeseen matters not specifically named in this notice. Posted in accordance with M.G.L.c 30A § 18-25.

MINUTES

Greenfield Agricultural Commission Meeting, January 25, 2018 at 7p.m., Meeting Room, 2nd Floor, Greenfield Town Hall, 14 Court Square, Greenfield MA 01301. Called to order at 7:08 p.m. Adjourned at 8:28 p.m.

Members present: Bob Sagor (Vice-Chair), Denise Leonard, Alissa Williams.

Members absent: Nathaniel Hussey, Andrea Moorhead.

Guests present: Warren Facey, Eveline MacDougall.

Documents circulated:

*Minutes from December 14, 2017 meeting

*Greenfield Farmland Inventory, Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust

*Greenfield Depreciation Report Based on Special Obsolescence

*Map of Active Farms, APRS & Farmlands of Statewide Importance

Actions taken:

*Approved the December 14, 2017 minutes with a 3 to 0 vote.

*Affirmed need for conversation with Agent of the Conservation Commission to discuss possible collaboration – Andrea contacting them?

*Eveline MacDougall visited to share her experiences managing the Pleasant Street Community Garden.

*Confirmed date of next meeting, March 22, 2018, 7 p.m., Town Hall.

Discussion:

*Discussed details of talk by Eveline MacDougall. See attached document.

*Bob will contact Jay and Wisty from Just Roots about visiting the next GAC meeting to share thoughts and see if they have interest in being a part of a community garden project.

*Denise will talk to Garden Club regarding ideas for community garden spaces.

*Alissa is expecting a baby – will be able to attend regular meetings through July 2018 but then will be absent from meetings for the remainder of 2018.

Posted to: Agricultural Comm.