Public Safety Comission
Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 6:00 pm
35 Pleasant Street
A meeting of the Public Safety Commission
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
July 25, 2018 at 6 p.m.
23 Pleasant Street, Greenfield
CORRECTED: 35 Pleasant Street, Greenfield
John Zon Community Center
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Prior minutes approval – May 30, 2018
- Public Safety Complex Consolidation Forum
- Moderator – John Lunt
- Introduction – Mayor Martin
- Why this infrastructure upgrade is necessary for Greenfield-Mayor Martin
- History of research and council support-Commissioners-Mayor Martin
- Request for proposals(RFP)-Mayor Martin
- Fire house issues and concerns now and in the future/why it is necessary to re-locate fire department services-Chief Strahan
- Cost of upgrading current fire house facilities-Chief Strahan
- Modern approach to Emergency Operation Center (EOC)-Chief Strahan
- Importance of consolidating law enforcement facilities in new infrastructure-Chief Haigh
- Deficiencies in current building and maintaining state accreditation ratings-Chief Haigh
- Modernizing dispatch facilities and potential benefits-Chief Haigh
- Cost of upgrading current facilities-Chief Haigh
- Cost saving due to centralized operations-Chief Haigh, Chief Strahan
- Finance options and future cost savings-Elizabeth Braccia, Finance Director
- Response to RFP-Robyn Provost, Vice President Mowry & Schmidt Inc. for Billy Walker, Owner of Dyer Investment Co.
- New facility space needs assessment-Dennis Ross, Pacheco Ross Architects and Roby Provost, Morwy & Schmidt Inc.
- Conclusion-Mayor Martin
- Invite comments
NOTE: Other city personnel and outside agency representatives may address various topics and they may include: Deputy Chief Mark Williams; Mark Smith, Assistant to the Mayor; Lindsay Rowe, Mayor’s Office; Audrey LaBonte, Chief Procurement Officer; MJ Adams, Economic Development; DPW representatives and Greenfield Savings Bank representatives.
Open Floor – Public Question and Answer Time
Please sign in to speak
Next Meeting: August 29, 2018 5 p.m. Greenfield Police Department
Posted to: Public Safety Comm.