COMMITTEE: Human Rights Commission
PLACE: 114 Main Street, Greenfield, Massachusetts
DATE: Monday, December 10, 2018
TIME: 6:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
CHAIRPERSON STATEMENT: If any person present is recording this meeting you must notify the chairperson at this time.
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Minutes of November 2018
4. Human Rights Day is observed annually on Dec. 10, the day in 1948 that the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The declaration proclaims the inalienable rights all people are entitled to regardless of race, religion, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, country of origin or other status. The document has been translated into more than 500 languages
5. Update: Greenfield Human Rights Commission study committee progress to explore City/State collaboration on shelter overcrowding
Numbers 6, 7, and 8 have been re-submitted to appropriate offices for a response:
6. Update on Motion: To initiate investigations into the existence of unlawful discrimination in the Town ( now City ) which may deny or tend to deny equal access or opportunity in matters of...public accommodations on the basis of:....sexual orientation, and in connection therewith to hold administrative hearings.
7. Update: amending our bylaws to change to whom we are advisers to, Instead of the Mayor, Town Council is suggested by a HRC Commissioner.
8. Update: Progress recruiting new HRC members.
9. New Business-Discuss Human Rights Projects for 2019
10. Next Meeting – Next meeting Monday, January 14, 2019.
EXECUTIVE SESSION MAY BE CALLED
Please note that the list of topics was comprehensive at the time of posting, however, the public body may consider and take action on unforeseen matters not specifically named in this notice. Posted in accordance with M.G.L.c 30A § 18-25.
Posted to: Human Rights