Parking and Traffic Commission
Office of the Mayor, (413) 772-1560
14 Court Square, Greenfield, MA 01301
Meeting Schedule: Generally, 4:30 PM on the second Thursday of each month 2nd Floor, Town Hall. Please see calendar for scheduled and posted meetings.
No meetings currently scheduled.
5 of 5 seats. 5 years each seat.
- Sebastian Gutwein, Chair. December, 2022.
- Jean Wall. December, 2022.
- George Gohl. June, 2023.
- Jeff Sauser. December, 2023.
- Jim Geisman. December, 2023.
Parking and Traffic Commission
(Adopted by the Greenfield Town Council on January 17, 2007)
§ 34-35. Appointments; Terms: Filling of Vacancies.
- The Parking and Traffic Commission, consisting of five members, shall be appointed by the Mayor, which members shall hold office for the term for which they are appointed and until their successors have been appointed and have qualified.
- The original appointments shall be for the terms of one, two, three, four and five years, and thereafter, in the month of May of each year, the Mayor shall appoint a Greenfield citizen as a member of said board to hold office for a term of five years from the first Monday of June next.
- Any vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term, and any member may be removed for cause by the Mayor.
§ 34-36. Organization.
- The Commission shall organize annually in the month of July and elect a Chair and Clerk.
§ 34-37. Duties and Responsibilities.
- The Commission shall survey and study all transportation related conditions in the City of Greenfield, utilizing other studies and plans if it determines those plans and studies to be relevant, and make such recommendations to the Mayor as it deems advisable.
- The Commission shall advise the Mayor on matters related to the regulation of street traffic, parking, parking meters, traffic accident prevention, traffic lights and signage. It shall have such other powers or duties as provided by law, ordinance or Mayoral charge.
- The Commission, with mayoral approval and subject to appropriation, may apply for grants and funds to conduct research and gather factual-based evidence for its recommendations.
- The Commission shall have all powers that are confirmed upon parking Commissions by the general laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Chapter 40, Section 22, and such powers and duties as may be provided by Charter or ordinance.
- The Commission shall report to the Mayor annually of its meetings and recommendations; and, additionally, in even numbered years, report to the Mayor and City Council, the condition of the City’s Parking and Circulation in the following manner:
(1) Enumerate the number of parking spaces owned by the City and those parking spaces owned privately in the Commercial C Zone.
(2) The quantity of revenue generating meters.
(3) The revenue generated by those meters in sum year to date, annually and by per meter per day.
(4) The quantity of malfunctioning meters
(5) The amount of revenue generated by paid parking ticket violations.
(6) The amount of revenue lost to parking spaces non-metered.
(7) The amount of revenue unpaid from parking ticket violations.
(8) The amount of revenue generated by fines, court actions, prepaid parking permits and any other Parking related revenue.
(9) The cost to maintain meters and space enforce parking regulations and collect revenue.
(10) The number of parking meter spaces that accommodate handicapped individuals and vehicles.
§ 34-38. Public Hearings.
- The Commission shall have powers relative to the holding of public hearings on any matter within its area of review.
The Mayor shall provide adequate municipal administrative support to facilitate the mission of the commission.
- Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Zoom
- Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Zoom
- Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Zoom
- Tue, May 3, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Room 204, City Hall, 14 Court Square
- Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 05:00 PM
- Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 05:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 05:00 PM -- Webex
- Show 53 More...