Planning and Construction Committee
Office of the Mayor, (413) 772-1560
14 Court Square, Room 201, Greenfield, MA 01301
No meetings currently scheduled.
6 of 7 seats. 3 years each seat.
- Jean Wall, Chair. June, 2023.
- Amy Proetti. December, 2022.
- Emily Eash. December, 2024.
- Mike Pratt. June, 2025.
- Carole Collins. December, 2025.
- Nancy Hazard. December, 2025.
CITY OF GREENFIELD CHARTER
SECTION 6-7: PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION OF MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS AND OTHER FACILITIES
(a) Compensation, Mode of Appointment and Term of Office - There shall be a Planning and Construction Committee (which may be referred to as the "Planning and Construction Committee") consisting of seven (7) members. Six (6) of the committee members shall be appointed by the Mayor for terms of three (3) years each so arranged that the term of two (2) members shall expire each year. In making appointments to the committee, the Mayor shall seek persons having experience in the fields of architecture, engineering, construction, real estate, or law. The seventh member of the committee shall be designated, annually, by the School Committee and may, be a member of the School Committee.
(b) Powers and Duties - The Planning and Construction Committee shall be responsible for monitoring the physical condition of all municipal buildings and other facilities. The committee shall meet from time to time with representatives of municipal agencies to evaluate the need for additions, renovations, or remodeling of any existing building or facility or for the construction of new buildings or other facilities. The committee shall file written reports, at least annually, with the Mayor in which, it shall make recommendations as to the need for any project or projects.
Whenever any construction work on any municipal building or other facility is authorized, the Planning and Construction Committee shall be responsible for all work in connection with the project including site planning, surveying, engineering studies, architectural plans and specifications and the supervision of construction.
- Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 04:30 PM -- City Hall Meeting Room, Room 203
- Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 04:00 PM -- Room 204, City Hall, 14 Court Square & Zoom (Hybrid)
- Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 04:00 PM -- Hybrid: Zoom and City Hall Meeting Room (Room 203)
- Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Temporary Fire Station, 53 Hope Street
- Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Green River School, 62 Meridian Street
- Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, May 11, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Webex
- Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 04:00 PM -- Webex
- Show 31 More...