Eric Twarog, AICP, Director of Planning and Development
20 Sanderson Street, Room 203, Greenfield, MA 01301
14 Court Square, Greenfield, MA 01301
Meeting Schedule: The Planning Board meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 6:00 p.m. Meetings are normally held at the John Zon Community Center, 35 Pleasant Street. The meeting room is handicapped accessible.
- Thu, Jan 20 at 6:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
7 of 7 seats. 3 years each seat.
- George Touloumtzis, Vice-Chair. December, 2024.
- Emily Eash, Clerk. June, 2023.
- Charles Roberts, Chair. June, 2023.
- Amy McMahan, Alternate. December, 2024.
- Dave Chichester, Alternate. December, 2024.
- Nathanial Hussey. December, 2022.
- Mark Maloni. June, 2023.
The Planning Board Has Two Basic Roles:
- Long range planning
- Reviewing, deciding and making recommendations on development proposals.
Specific duties include:
To make careful studies; To prepare plans of the resources, possibilities and needs of the Town; To report annually to the Town Council regarding the condition of the Town; To make a master plan of growth and development, natural resources, transportation, housing, etc.; To have an official map prepared if authorized by Town Council; To review and make recommendations regarding the layout, alteration, relocation or discontinuance of public ways; To draft, hold hearings, and make recommendations to the Town Council on the adoption of Zoning Ordinances; To review and issue special permits under the Zoning Ordinance; To adopt and administer local subdivision regulations; To review and approve subdivisions of land and project site plans.
Greenfield Town Charter Section 6-20:
(a) There shall be a Planning Board consisting of seven (7) members; five (5) members and two (2) alternates appointed by the Mayor, with approval by Town Council, serving staggered three-year terms.
(b) The Planning Board shall have all powers which are conferred on planning boards by General Laws and such additional powers and duties as may be provided by this Charter, by ordinance or otherwise.
(c) Any vacancy of a regular member of the Planning Board shall be filled by the appointment of an alternate member by the Mayor.
*Editor's Note: See also Art. VII, Planning Board, of Ch. 34, Boards, Committees and Commissions; and Part VIII, Planning Board Regulations, of the Code of the Town of Greenfield.
- Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Webex Meeting
- Show 131 More...