Submit a Human Rights Complaint


If you have experienced discrimination or been denied opportunities in housing, employment, education, or access to public accommodations because of your race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, ethnic background, disability, marital, or veteran status, or because you have children or receive public assistance, you may file a complaint form with the Greenfield Human Rights Commission. Filing a complaint with the commission is not a substitute for filing a complaint with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination. You may also want to file an official complaint with the Massachusetts commission within 300 days of the incident.

Please note: This complaint form shall not be used to report the official actions of City of Greenfield officers or employees, including police officers, or any members of boards or commissions of the City of Greenfield, as this is outside of the jurisdiction of the HRC. Your submitted form will become public record.


  • File your complaint in writing using our complaint form. You can also pick up a complaint form from the Office of the Mayor, Room 201 on the second floor of City Hall at 14 Court Sq. during open business hours or email your completed digital form to
  • Complete and submit your complaint form. You may email your completed digital form to; bring it in person to the Human Rights Commission c/o the Mayor’s Office, Room 201 at City Hall, 14 Court Sq.; drop it in the secure drop box by the City Hall side entrance, accessible 24/7; or mail it to the commission by certified mail or regular mail to the Human Rights Commission, c/o the Office of the Mayor, City Hall, 14 Court Sq., Greenfield, MA 01301.