What am I allowed to do on my property under zoning?

To find out what types of uses or activities are allowed on your property, first check the Zoning Map to see what zoning district the property is located in. Next, look under the use regulations of the Zoning Ordinance (sections 200-4.1 - 4.16). Uses are broken down into uses allowed by right and uses that require a special permit from the Zoning Board of Appeals. The number and type of permits that may be required, depends on the specifics of each project proposal.

Appears in: Planning & Development FAQs

Calendar of Events
Tue, May 31, 2022, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Greenfield Council on Aging/Senior Center at the John Zon Community Center, 35 Pleasant Street, Greenfield, MA
Posted to: Disability Access
Wed, Jun 1, 2022, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
WebX City of Greenfield
Posted to: Public Safety Comm.
Wed, Jun 1, 2022, 4:30 pm
FCTS, 82 Industrial Blvd, Turners Falls